This is an easy recipe that works great with roasted or sautéed chicken. Leftovers make a tasty lunch when reheated in butter and served with crusty bread and a cold glass of white wine.
Sloane’s Veggie Sauté
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini, washed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, cleaned and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced in thirds
- ½ tsp. garlic powder, not garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Do not let it smoke.
Add all the vegetables except mushrooms. Turn up heat to medium-high. Sauté about 3 minutes.
Lower temperature to medium. Stir in mushrooms, garlic powder, and black pepper.
Continue to cook 3 minutes or until the peppers are at the crispness you prefer.
May you enjoy all the days of your life filled with laughter and seated around a well laden table!