The Internet has changed the way we do everything. Even work. There was a trend to start working remotely from home which accelerated the adoption of the “home office” concept. However, working from home can be challenging. Just a few people have the space to set up a home office. Moreover, there are many distracters around.
But don’t be discouraged. With the following home office ideas, you will be able to create a cozy and enjoyable place to work. Let’s begin.
- Get a high-quality office chair. Think that you will be sitting on it for several hours. Hence, do not use just any chair that you already have at home. Invest in a comfortable chair exclusively for your home office;
- Install your home office in a well-lit area. Natural light is better. So, choose a place in your house with many windows. If this is not possible, install the necessary lamps to have a bright office. A dark office will not have a positive impact on your productivity;
- Keep your home office tidy and well-organized. This way, you make more efficient use of your space. Moreover, a clean and tidy workplace always boosts your productivity;
- Do not use your home office for something else. Rearranging everything to use your table to have lunch is not a good idea. Even if you assign a small space for your home office, keep that place for that specific purpose;
- Make the environment comfortable by setting the temperature in the room to your liking. Depending on the weather conditions, you may need a portable fan or heater;
- Decorate your home office so you feel content in your working space. Some decorating ideas include a plant by your table, wall art, or a small sculpture on your desk.
Let’s elaborate on the last of these home office ideas. If your space is limited, hanging a painting on your wall is the best solution. There are many famous paintings that you can choose from. It all depends on the style of your home office. For a modern look, surreal paintings would fit well.
For a rustic home office, a landscape is a good alternative. In all cases, to give your home office a more elegant appearance, choose oil on canvas paintings.
Purchasing original famous paintings is not for anyone. Some of the best-known masterpieces command very high prices. But you can buy reproductions of famous paintings. This option is much more affordable. For example, you can check https://www.1st-art-gallery.com/, a site with many paintings for sale. Rest assured you will find the ideal painting for your home office there.
Choosing the Right Painting
If you have decided to decorate your home office with paintings on the wall, then you face a little problem. How do you choose the right paintings? And what is the best way to embed them in your workplace? It is possible that you feel intimidated when you see many paintings for sale. Different styles, genres, and media. You probably feel that only a connoisseur could pick the right paintings to decorate your workspace.
However, you are the most indicated person to select the artworks for your home office. After all, the decoration of your house must be a reflection of your personality. Hence, you should personalize the decoration of your home office. If you do so, you will always find inspiration during your working hours.
By harmonizing the artworks, you will create a pleasant working environment. This will enhance your productivity. You may need some basic information about painting and other visual art forms to make the right choices. This information is available online. Do a little bit of research. Moreover, you can follow these tips to select the visual artworks for your home office:
- Select the colors according to the mood you want to create in your home office. For example, blue energizes you whereas yellow cheers you up. White has a soothing effect. Thus, choose artwork with the color palette that transmits the mood you want during working hours;
- To enhance the contrast of your painting with the surroundings, choose the right color for the walls too. For instance, light blue or soft gray will create a soothing effect with small paintings;
- Create a minimalist environment. As mentioned before, your desk must be tidy at all times to invite you to work. Likewise, the decoration on the wall must be well organized. A clutter of paintings that do not share the same style may not be the best idea;
- A good idea for displaying different artworks in your home office is a rotating gallery. Instead of hanging the different paintings individually, you place them on a floating ledge shelf. You can easily incorporate paintings of different sizes with this approach.
These are some ideas to decorate your home office with visual artworks. You do not have to be an interior design expert to curate a small art exhibition at your working place.
Your home office is the place where you will spend a good part of your day. Hence, decorate it as you wish. Many interior designers can offer expert opinions on how to decorate your workspace. But ultimately, that’s your space. Hence, let your home office reflect your personality.