Your overall look is mostly influenced by the style of your hair. However, many people tend to damage their hair in an attempt to achieve the perfect hairstyle. But, you don’t have to give up trying the trendiest hairstyles for the season. You’ve got to develop the skills and confidence of styling your hair to look at your best at all times.
Below are some helpful tips for styling your hair without causing damage to it.
- Use a High-quality Hair Straightener for a Stunning Straight Hair
Do you want to have long and straight hair for your prom or first day in the office to impress your boss and colleagues? You can turn your ringlet curls into flat and smooth locks by using a high-quality hair straightener. It’s possible to achieve a sleek and frizz-free hairstyle without compromising the health of your hair.
Here are some helpful tips when using a hair straightener to style your hair.
- Use a thermal protectant: Doing so protects the hair from the damaging effects of being exposed to high temperatures. It also adds shine and smoothness as you run a hair straightener through.
Lastly, it repairs existing breakage and dryness, so your hair won’t have unmanageable and straw-like texture.
- Section your hair: Use taming hair clips to section your hair when hair straightening. Invest in heavy-duty hair clips to hold the thickest hair.
When sectioning your hair, start at the bottom layer then split your hair down in the back at the middle, pulling each to the side forward.
- Set the right temperature: Make sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions about setting the best temperature when using a hair straightener to avoid burning your hair.
Straightening normal hair should use a temperature between 300 to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. For coarse and extra curly hair, use 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a Curling Iron to Achieve Beautiful Locks
Your hairstyle makes a huge impact on your life. Having beautiful locks could make you stand out in a formal event. It’s a good thing that the curling iron was invented, which makes hairstyling a lot easier.
- Advertisement -
However, a hot rod can be a recipe for disaster because you may end up burning your hair and the skin on your face. So, how can you achieve the perfect curls without damaging your hair and your skin?
Here are some helpful tips to achieve beautiful locks:
- Use the correct type and size of curling iron: A 1.25-inch curling iron barrel gives soft locks that are large and voluminous.
On the other hand, a smaller 1-inch curling iron barrel gives a classic look, like the Old Hollywood curl. A curling wand gives a large curl at the root with tighter ends.
- Set the right temperature: Obtain the right temperature information on the packaging of the curling iron.
The optimal temperature is 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Setting it at over 365 degrees can cause heat damage because hot temperatures can melt the hair’s keratin.
- Avoid curling damp hair: It’s not a good idea to curl a hair that’s too damp. Your hair should be completely dry before you curl it.
Water weakens the hair bonds, and heating wet hair can crack your hair strands, causing split ends. That’s why you have to use the best hair dryer to dry your hair completely.
- Ballerina Bun
If you’re always on the go, it’s important to know how to style your hair in ten seconds or even less, like what celebrities, Kate Hudson and Jennifer Lopez usually wear.
One hairstyling solution is a ballerina bun. With minimal effort required, it’ll make the most knotted hair look beautiful and instantly polished.
Here’s how to style your hair with a ballerina bun:
- Brush your hair into a ponytail (high enough for a clean look).
- Slip a headband about an inch from your hairline.
- Twist the ponytail to form a bun.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins or hair clips scattered around the edges.
- Add some volume by sticking the end of a tail comb or a pencil through your crown hair. Gently wiggle up and tug sections of hair at the roots for extra volume.
- Wear Those Bangs
If you have a round face, wearing bangs is a perfect solution to avoid highlighting your round facial features. You can style your hair to achieve a side bun that sits on one side of your head with parted bangs in front to conceal the width of your face, making it less round.
Another bangs hairstyle is a short bob to add length to your face with edgy side bangs to counteract the roundness of your face. Kelly Clarkson, America’s sweetheart, makes sure that she wear hairstyles that help flatter her round face, like pairing a short curly bob with big bangs that swoop down her face. This hairstyle streamlines the top half of the face.
As your crowning glory, it’s essential to style your hair to bring out the best in you. Whether you want to achieve a straight, long hair, curly hair, wear bangs, or simply wear a messy bun, you can style your hair using the right tools and proper hair preparation.
Of course, make sure to keep your hair clean and healthy at all times, so you’re ready to style whenever you need to upgrade your look.
© 2019 – 2022, Divine Magazine. All rights reserved.