Summer is a busy time with family, picnics, sports, gardening, and so much more.
So who has time for major cooking? This week it’s a one pot main course. Use a cooking dish that goes from oven to table for easier cleanup.
Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda
- 3 tilapia filets
- 1½ tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tsp.
- ½ tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp. orange juice plus ½ tsp.
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil if you use dried then 1 tsp.
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200°F
Heat butter and olive oil in a pan until butter is melted. Add anchovy paste. Stir to dissolve. Add garlic, cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in orange and lemon juices. Keep warm in pre-heated oven.
Sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate. Warm before using.
Sprinkle fish with pepper. Brush with remaining olive oil. Fry fish on medium heat until opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Drizzle sauce over the fish and serve.
Prepare your favorite brand as the package directs, but replace half the water with chicken broth for more flavor.
- Lettuce from 2 different types torn into bite size pieces green leaf and head are excellent
- Tomatoes sliced
- Cucumber peeled and sliced
- Green Onions, sliced, be sure to include some of the green
- Mushrooms sliced
- And anything else that strikes your fancy
Combine everything and toss well. Cover with a damp paper towel, then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When it’s time, toss salad with your favorite dressing. Be careful not to add too much or the lettuce will get soggy. Portion out onto chilled salad plates or chilled bowls and serve.