Usually, people suffering from chronic pain or any other ailment use Healing Meditation to feel. Some healing meditatively gives dramatic results, while others simply appreciate the reduction in stress that comes from sitting quietly and concentrating the mind. Healing meditation often involves visual techniques. Although meditation has not been proven to cure specific ailments, patients say it can be helpful when used with medications.
What Is Healing Meditation?
Healing meditation is a practice of meditation and mental relaxation, which has its origins in the ancient Indian tradition. Healing meditation has shown promising results for chronic conditions such as depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, and digestive disorders. It’s easy to fix your body with your mind!
How To Do Healing Meditation?
Healing meditation should be done in the morning and before going to bed at night. But before you start practicing meditation for healing, you should choose the best meditation technique and follow the following steps.
- First, find a quiet environment for meditation, where you will not be disturbed. The room should be dimly lit.
- Sit in a straight back chair and maintain a comfortable upright body posture without moving yourself. Place your hands on your thighs. Sit in a cross-legged position for a sitting posture on the floor. If you feel uncomfortable sitting down, lie down on the floor.
- Keep your eyes closed and breathe normally or try to stare at the center point of objects such as focusing on a flame.
- Start repeating a mantra in your mind or chant slowly. You can use Sanskrit mantras like “Om”, or simple words like “Um Shanti” etc.
- Continue this process for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Whenever unwanted thoughts start appearing during meditation, divert attention from it and focus on mantras.
- When the meditation is over, sit quietly for a few minutes and slowly start opening your eyes.
Benefits Of Healing Meditation
Although meditation has not been proven to cure specific ailments, it is believed that it can be helpful when used in conjunction with other traditional treatments. An important benefit of meditation is that it helps reduce anxiety, which can potentially bring about positive changes in your overall health. Many studies support meditation as a tool to help the healing process in the body.
Enhances Life Energy
Meditation enhances life energy. Which is also called prana in Sanskrit which is the basis of healing for both body and mind. Lack of prana maintains energy, enthusiasm, and dullness. Meditation makes the communication of our positive energy; the body feels energetic and lively.
It is often said that the root cause of diseases lies in our mind/consciousness. So meditation is very helpful in removing stress, anxiety, depression from our thoughts. This leads to a positive state of mind, which has a positive effect on our body, brain, and nervous system. As a result, the disease gradually begins to subside.
Removes The Emotional Barriers
We humans are often stressed and depressed, which can be called “emotional pollution” in simple words. Don’t you agree Many things affect our state of mind, they either give happiness and peace or fill it with negative emotions like anger, sadness, jealousy, or despair. Meditation is important to clear these negative emotions. Yes, meditation will help to experience clarity of mind and a deep state of relaxation.
Help You Know Yourself Better
Associated styles of introspection and meditation can support you to know yourself better. This is a beginning point for offering other positive variations.
Through regular practice of meditation, you can focus better, improve mental clarity and memory. These advantages can help you to fight age-related dementia and memory loss.
Lower Blood Pressure
An individual who meditates on a daily basis has lower blood pressure. It can reduce stretch marks on their arteries and heart, helping to avoid heart disease.