Easy dinner that only takes minutes and will allow you to still enjoy a scrumptious meal.
White Wine – Chardonnay
- 1-1 ½ lb. boneless/skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Splash sesame seed oil or olive oil
- ½ red pepper, cleaned and cut into strips
- ¼ green pepper, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 small head broccoli, cleaned and trimmed
- 10 baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
Combine chicken, ginger, and pepper in glass bowl. Set aside.
On medium high heat, warm oils in wok or large frying pan until shimmering. Sir-fry chicken until no longer pink about 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan to a clean bowl.
Add vegetables and garlic to pan and stir-fry to crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
Combine stock, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl until well blended. Stir into hot skillet. Add chicken and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and
I prefer Uncle Ben’s original rice. It’s easy and never fails.
Instead of water use chicken stock to increase the flavor. Sprinkle a little parsley over the top for a prettier effect.
Tossed SaladPhoto by tiramisustudio
- Lettuce from 2 different types torn into bite size pieces, green leaf and head are excellent
- Tomatoes, quartered and cut into chunks
- Cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced thick
- Green Onions, sliced, be sure to include some of the green
- Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Anything and everything else in the fridge that appeals to you.
Combine all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Your favorite bottled dressing or oil and vinegar work great with this meal. Pour on a small amount of dressing and toss. Or, set a variety of bottled dressings on the table for everyone to help themselves.