Women like Cleopatra, Mother Teresa, Queen Elizabeth and other names like Indira Gandhi, Sheryl Sandberg and Indra Nooyi are some of the greatest examples of exemplary women leaders around the world. In fact, it would not be wrong to say that they have forever changed the way our “male-dominated” society looks at women.
Research conducted every now and then is proof enough of the fact that women are strong leaders and help maintain a collaborative work environment. It is a known fact that women are much better at taking initiatives and driving the team for results.
Be it any field, women have always proved their worth. They are great at building teams and the results are for all to see. The success story of women like Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook, is known to all. Forbes most powerful woman in 2016 and Managing Facebook’s business operations, she focuses on the global expansion of Facebook, one of the most successful companies around the world.
Besides Sandberg, another name that has been globally appreciated and acknowledged for voluptuous contribution is Mx Indra Nooyi. Her reign as the CEO and chairperson at PepsiCo has earned her enough name and fame. Her work continuously sets her apart from the male-dominated corporate world and proves what women can do. Coming from a conservative family in Chennai, Nooyi failed at her first interview but never gave up. Today, we all see her as a rising leader.
With so many examples of women leaders making it big, the change women leaders have been bringing is noteworthy. However, in a male dominated corporate world, it is extremely difficult for people to accept the fact.
Here are some of the most notable reasons as to why women leaders are the best for male-dominated teams:
- Curiosity killed the cat but helped women- The curious nature of women has helped them everywhere and in the corporate world, it is a boon for them. They are ruthlessly and unendingly curious about the work that they are doing and tasks that have been assigned. They are inquisitive about everything- about what their team is doing, what is the rival firm doing, what are the seniors doing and what not. This curious nature ensures that everything they do is better than others which, turns out to be always in favour.
- They are not afraid to fail. They are risk takers. Combining their knowledge and experience to do something big is always on their mind. With the perfect combination of their intuition and logical thinking, they know what they might face, and they are ready to face it.
- Passionate yet kind- Women are passionate about even the smallest of things. They are fierce yet have the feeling of compassion imbibed within.
- ‘She knows her passion and she knows where it could lead her to. Everything and anything she does, she has the unending urge to learn that sets her apart. Not only in the business world, in her personal life also, if a woman finds passion in something, she will do it.’ With a thought process like this, women are well placed to rule the corporate world.
- Relationship Building Skills- It is a known fact that women are good at building relationships. This helps the companies in more ways than one, assisting them in building a healthy relationship and making sure that the client is satisfied with the organization.
Divine comment – this was written by an independent guest post contributor and the article is designed to promote discussion and get their point of view across on the role of women in the environment.