We live in a digital age and development is ongoing, with the Internet of Things and 5G speeds, every business should be taking advantage of managed IT services. Global connectivity is available to all, and the IT services sector is booming, as small businesses all over the US strive to create a strong digital profile. A limited knowledge of IT can result in missing out and if you have never really considered IT services, they could revolutionise your business.
Tailored IT Services
The managed IT services provider can tailor their services to suit the client; services include the following:
- Cloud solutions – Migrating to the cloud brings many great benefits to the business owner; talk to a leading IT support company in Baltimore and they can create a secure cloud network that allows your employees instant access, wherever they happen to be located. Storing your business data on secure remote servers comes with top-rated cyber-security – essential for every business. Set up permissions and employees can access the data they need; your accountant doesn’t have to visit your offices, they simply access the files they need remotely, while your sales team can access and update customer data in real time.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – The best (and cheapest) way to communicate is a form of Internet telephony that by-passes the cell networks. Applications such as Zoom and Skype offer powerful online features; you can video conference with your team in real time and with VoIP, you log all calls, so you know who is calling who. How does VoIP work? Audio and video data is sent and received via the Internet and using headsets allows for communication on the fly. What’s not to like about VoIP? You can call any cell or landline number, with either video or only voice call options. When you are in a video call, you can send text, upload and download files and even bring up a joint whiteboard. This really empowers the business owner, and all employees are on the same page; there’s more good news, VoIP is much cheaper than using cellphones. Whether calling someone in the same town or on the other side of the world, there are no by-the-minute charges.
- IT support – All your IT hardware is working hard and when you get that printer error message, it really holds up projects; workstations often crash, while photocopiers and scanners can break down at any time. For a fixed monthly fee, you can have 24/7 IT support and that covers every aspect of hardware maintenance; worry no more about unpredictable hardware and when it comes to replacing old IT hardware, your IT support partner has you covered. Fixed fee IT hardware support is good value for money and boosts office productivity. In order to provide effective solutions to any technical issue, the IT support Perth professionals are highly trained and equipped with the latest tools and technologies.
- IT consulting – When your business grows, so does your need for IT equipment and if you are like most people, you won’t know much about IT hardware; not to worry, your local Baltimore IT support firm can give you the advice you need to create a strong IT infrastructure. The money you’ll save can be used for other things and with the best value IT hardware, your business will reap the rewards. The IT consultant helps you to plan for the future and leasing might be a better long-term option than outright purchase; these are things you can discuss with the consultant.
- Digitise data – If your office is full of documents and you wish to migrate to the cloud, the IT support company can scan all your documents, reports, receipts and invoices, which means you can get rid of those filing cabinets that take up so much floor space. They can also train your office staff on how to get the most out of cloud computing, while making staff aware of cyber-security best practices. Click here for information on brand awareness and why it is important.
- Sourcing specific business software – The IT support provider knows the best sector-specific business software, which can streamline your business processes. Automate what you can and eliminate double handling by making best use of available business software.
- Business Disaster Recovery – If you were the victim of a cyber-attack, what would you do? The IT support company can help you to create a disaster recovery plan, which will have your business up and running in no time. This would include automated data back-up and a plan of action in the event confidential data was hacked.
- Cyber-security – You really have no choice but to engage the services of a cyber-security expert, which is the only way to guarantee your data is safe. If you would like to test your network defences, the managed IT services company can do some penetration testing, trying their best to breach your security. How do hackers steal critical data? They use many strategies and without professional cyber-security, you are at risk of data theft. Ransomware is used to lock data with a digital encryption and the hacker asks you a ransom to be paid to release the data. If this data is critical, many business owners simply pay up, rather than contacting the authorities. Once you are under the wing of an IT support provider, you no longer have to worry about data theft and should there ever be a data breach attempt, the cyber-security team can trace the origin and you can inform a branch of the FBI that is dedicated to combating cyber-crime.
The IT support company tailors their services to perfectly suit the client and if you are unsure whether or not managed IT services can help you, your local IT service provider can carry out a free IT needs assessment. This enables them to put forward a proposal and should you be in agreement, the work can begin. It doesn’t take long to set up networks and with some on-site training, you will soon master cloud computing and making Zoom video calls.
© 2022 – 2023, Divine Magazine. All rights reserved.