Contrary to popular opinion, there are many good reasons why you should keep exercising while pregnant.
It’s not a time to sit back and eat for two, but a crucial time for maintaining your fitness and general health. Of course, it does not mean you can necessarily continue all the sports you were doing before – contact sports are right out, and the list changes depending which trimester you are in, but there are many reasons why you should exercise while pregnant, here’s a few to consider:
Helps you carry the baby:
- Builds muscles up so you can carry the baby’s weight more easily
- Reduces lower back pain
Makes Being Pregnant Easier:
- Lower blood pressure, increased heart rate
- Reduces mood swings
- Makes it easier to sleep at night
Giving Birth is Easier:
- Prepares you mentally for birth
- Reduces the need for a c-section
- Actually makes labor easier and quicker
Good for the Baby Too:
- Reduced risk of learning difficulties
- Increased brain function
- Less likely to be overweight as a child
And Good Postpartum:
- Baby blues / postpartum depression less likely
- Easier to get back to original shape, weight, and fitness levels
These are just a sample of the 35 reasons to exercise while pregnant.
© 2017 – 2022, Divine Magazine. All rights reserved.