Review Detail

Books CC Cat Clontz April 08, 2017 1203
Another Great Read from Andrew Grey
Overall

Andrew Grey has a way with disability-based (or differently-abled) romances, and Heart Unseen slots nicely into the group.  James was wonderful! Self-sufficient and determined to stay that way, his character was sweet, funny, genuine, and stern when needed.  I didn’t think I was going to particularly like Trevor based on the first line of the summary, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn he wasn’t a complete schmuck. Rather, his character was caring, sweet, determined, and irrevocably drawn to the man who couldn’t have cared less about Trevor’s physical attributes.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching these characters come together.  The plot was stable throughout with no major surprises to knock the reader out of the story.  The chemistry between the two men was undeniable, yet the romance was slow blooming, allowing for feelings to come into play before they took anything further.  

The author’s description of how the visually impaired interact with their world was incredible!  Textures rather than colors, sounds as conversation and action cues, and smells that a sighted person would most likely never give thought to.  Without sight to lend people credibility, James had to rely on other cues while also being forced to accept that trust was a given rather than earned, and he accepted that he would not always be treated well or indeed, even be desirable to a sighted person.  

The only aspect that bothered me was the miscommunication between the characters midway through the book.  It felt disingenuous that James, for whom communication is vital, would simply walk away rather than discuss events that bothered him.  However, that is such a small part of the book that while it bothered me, it didn’t throw me out of the story.

I most definitely recommend Heart Unseen with four solid stars.  If you have the opportunity to pick it up and read it, you won’t be disappointed.

**Same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.**
CC
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account?