Bodyweight exercises are convenient and you can do them anywhere such as at home, at work, outside, or while traveling. A no-weights workout can help you build strength. And, the best part is they can be done for all fitness levels. Celebrity Fitness Trainer Christopher Clarke gives tips on bodyweight exercises that are effective and that are very beneficial to do to stay in shape.
Here are 3 effective bodyweight exercises to build and strengthen the body
Push-ups are one of the most effective exercises to build upper body strength. It strengthens the chest, shoulders, tricep, and abs (muscles). It makes an impact as it is very helpful in daily activities that involves pushing and moving with your arms.
1. Get down on your hands and knees.
2. Place your hands slightly outside shoulders width.
3. Lock and straighten together.
4. Lower your body until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
5. Pause and then return to starting position.
Squats are the cream of the crop of lower body strength exercises. It strengthens the quad, hamstring, glutes and calve muscles. Squats give you a boost in performance regarding activities such as running, jumping and lifting. Squats make an impact as it can help you in daily activities such as climbing stairs, lifting boxes, or standing during a long duration of time.
1. Stand and place your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Sit back as if you are sitting in an imaginary chair.
3. Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible (with your knees over your ankles).
4. Pause then return to starting position.
Crunches are one of the best known and most effective exercises to build strong abs (aka core muscle). This exercise not only helps to give you that six pack, it strengthens areas of activities that involves, body control, balance and twisting.
1. Lie down on your back.
2. Plant your feet on the floor.
3. Place your hands crossed on your chest.
4. Curl up and forward lifting your shoulders and head off the floor.
5. Hold at the top and return to the floor.
Christopher Clarke is a celebrity trainer with a client roster that includes executives, diplomats, musicians, athletes and celebrities. Born in Jamaica and based in Palm Beach, Florida, he is known as a health and wellness guru and has modeled appearing in billboards, music videos, and fashion shows. He is involved with many charities and has received awards for his charity work in the U.S. and internationally. For over 10 years, Christopher Clarke has been creating tailor-made exercise programs to suit individuals of every age and fitness level. He trains and advises clients from all over the world including the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, and the U.S. Christopher Clarke is featured in international media, national media, and TV.
For more information on Christopher Clarke, visit: www.christopherclarke.info
Follow celebrity personal trainer Christopher Clarke on these social media platforms: